When you have a headache what medicine do you use?? (i've been using aleve and it sux) So what do you use?

Ft.Stewart_wife

Asked by Ft.Stewart_wife at 5:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• I use Motrin or Tylenol. Works great for me. I get headaches all the time. I use the one's that are for migraines.

ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• excedrin

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 5:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• goodys is the fastest and best for me, besides pain pills, if the headache is real bad i lay in a dark quiet room and put my head on a heating pad or take a hot bath and dunk my head under the water, sometimes the heat is the only thing thatll work.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I have tried them all. Tylenol rapid release is the only thing that works. Its fast and it lasts!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Aleeve didn't work for me either. Excedrin is good for headaches and so is the goodys(I almost gag when I have to take those).if its a migraine get the excedrin migraine and lay down where its quiet.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Excedrin! It wipes out any headache within minutes!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• A headache is a symptom of something more serious/else, Most headaches are related to stress especially emotional.

I usually go for a walk, have some water, take a nice relaxing bath, or stop eating offending food depending on the headache.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I don't use medicine. I have gotten severe migraines for years and discovered the answer is simple...migraines/headaches are caused by an acidic system. Alkalanize your system with grapes, carrot juice...almonds...you can go online and find which foods are alkalanizing...sound crazy? If you really want to beat the headaches you will look into it. Mine are usually caused from eating something acidic...the last time I had one it was from spaghetti sauce..no kidding...cooked tomato's are the most acidic thing you can put in your body. Dairy also has an acidic affect and so do any drugs, tylenol, excedrin, advil...you are just adding to and already acidic system and the inflammation that is already present. It's like this: acidic foods = inflammation and inflammation = headache.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 7:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Try BC's. It's a powder that you mix with water - chug it quick though, because it tastes funny, but it sure does work fast!
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 7:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Thanks for the answers. Its seems like the older i get the more frequent and painful my headaches get and tylenol and motrin and stuff just isnt getting rid of it. so thank you. chocolatluver~ I'll have to look into that. I did drink alot of orange juice today so maybe thats why. but i'll have to look into that and see if that will help! Thank you all!
    Ft.Stewart_wife

Answer by Ft.Stewart_wife at 8:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008