My baby is 10months and I have Lupus....

Ok i have a 10month old baby girl and weell i have Lupus which is a disease thth effects your immune system so if i get a cold i keep it for 3wks or longer when most ppl get a cold and have it for a week or 2, i had a pretty good pregnancy thank god which it could of been bad..... but i have asked my daughters dr about it n he thinks she is fine but she has alot of the symptons tht i have ive also had lupus for 12yrs so i know how to manage mine .... so my question is soes anyone else have this or do ur children have lupus????

Ashley2810

Asked by Ashley2810 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have sjogrens syndrome, which is closely related to lupus. Most autoimmune diseases manifest themselves when there are major hormonal changes - puberty, pregnancy, postpartum/weaning from breastfeeding, and menopause - so you will want to monitor your daughter closely and/or have her self monitor during those times. And if you have boys, monitor them as well but I'm sure you know autoimmune diseases are much more common in women.

Answer by missanc at 9:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I know a young woman who was diagnosed with lupus when she was about 14. She is in her early 20's and doing really well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• no id go back to the drs, and tell them to do more checks if ur concerned
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yes i have kept mine under control by eating right and being active i just dont kno about my daughter..........
    Ashley2810

Comment by Ashley2810 (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• trust your mom's intuition..if you think something is up with her i would go back to the dr and force them to look into it..or find a dr who is willing to do so ..at least it will put your mind at ease at the least
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 11:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011