potty training

please any advice i can get would be soo helpful! my son is almost three and wants nothing at all to do with using the big boy potty! and im not going to pressure him into something hes scared of????

Littleguysmommy

Asked by Littleguysmommy at 6:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are you using Pull-ups? My aunt's kids were not potty trained until after they were 3. The pull-ups used to have a "feel wet" liner, so they would feel when they were wet. I got one of the potty chairs that had a top that you could flip down so that it turned into a chair. When I was trying to potty train a foster child that was afraid of the potty chair, I would have her sit on it and sit beside her and we would read a book, etc. Before too long she was fine with the chair. Good luck!
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I just put my kids in underwear and set a timer for every 20 minutes till they got the idea. At night I would not give them anything to drink 2 hrs before bedtime and wake them up before I go to bed and then again in the middle of the night to help with nite time training.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 8:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yeap hes in pull-ups and hes soo scared of the potty chair im going to go get the one you just sit on your toilet to see if maybe that works. but thank you guys for the advice!!!!
    Littleguysmommy

Comment by Littleguysmommy (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011