How many miscarriages have you suffered?

I know this is a sensitive subject, but I think it's important to talk openly about the subject of miscarriage. So many women suffer in silence, and there is no reason why miscarriage should not be supported and treated like any other type of loss.

If you would like to share how many living children, that would be wonderful and may provide hope to others.

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 6:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I am for being open about this as it helps to be able to talk and to be able to work through your feelings with other people around you or even here on this site. YOu shouldn't have to go through this alone.
    We adopted 2 children who are 7 and almost 8 now.
    I got pregnant this past March and m/c in June and got pregnant again this past November and m/c just 4 weeks ago in January. We are TTC again as these were both first trimester losses and have been told that this was probably due to chromosomal abnormalities (nothing we had control over) so to press on and hope that the next pregnancy is successful. We are really wishing for a third child and can now get pregnant on our own!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 3 miscarriages, all of them very early on, and two while I had an IUD.
    1 living child and just found out I am pregnant.
    Anonymous

• None that I know of, thank goodness. Sorry for all that have experienced this.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I had three miscarriages before i got pregnant with my first son and i almost lost him at 61/2 weeks. I was on bedrest for five months i thank god everyday for him! Hes a healthy boy! I got pregant 3 months after with my second son and had no issues but last year i had another miscarriage=( I have lost four babies. But im soo thankful for my two boys!
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 6:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Anon - congratulations!

I had one miscarriage and then got pregnant within 3 months with DD17.5. Nothing since then.

When I miscarried, we hadn't told anyone I was pregnant and then had to tell people everything since I was working for DH's family at the time. That was hard. On the flip side, though, a TON of my friends' mothers got in touch with me and told me about their experiences. Since many of these women had 5+ children, it really eased my mind.

Special prayers to anyone going through it.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 6:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i have a 5 1/2yo, and have had one miscarriage.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have 4 kids living, 2 angel babies and 1 angel grandbaby.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• thankfully i never had one but my mom's first pregnancy was a miscarraige. that was like 25 years ago. she had my older brother and i after that (no more miscarraiges). she said she stocked up for months after that with foods rich in vitamins and nutrients and ate alot of something (i wanna say yams and liver or something but not sure. something not so tasty that she absolutely hated but it was said to help with fertility and strength. it worked out perfectly)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 6:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Had my first child which 18 yrs.now. Then had my second which is 11 now, (7 yrs later. when thru alot). Then had a miscarriage and soon after that had my third child which passed away at 20 mos.
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• At least 2,4 more suspected and I have 1 son.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 6:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011