weird quesion

How did you manage to get your little one to go poopie in the potty?
My daughter has been using the potty and she has no problem letting me no when she has to go pee but when she has to poopie she hides in her room and does it in her panties, until i catch her and take her to the potty and let her no thats where the poopie is suppose to go..but now i find if she was not finished doing her poopie in her panties she will hold it for as long as i gets her to sit on the potty for and then when i lets her back down she goes to her room to finish it..Can anyone help me with the problem

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm having the opposite problems with my daughter. She'll poop in the potty fine, but wets her undies and then comes to tell me after she's done so. Maybe we should get our girls together and they can teach each other =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• try rewards...stickers are what finally worked...u can print a free chart with favorite cartoons. just google potty charts. tell her every time she poops in the potty, she will get a sticker...you may or may not agree with this but when my dd pooped in her panties, i wouldn't change her right away. it was not comfortable for her and she realized very quick that the potty was a better choice.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 7:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• going poop is normally a lot harder than the peeing part. some kids feel like they are 'loosing' something. so it kinda scares them. just praise her like crazy when she pees, and encourge the pooping, maybe offer a nice reward for pooping, a small treat candy something she really loves. mine were always into stickers so i went to dollar tree bought a bunch of sticker books, and they would get tons for actually pooping in the potty :)
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son is nearly 3 and has only pooped on the potty once. Except for 1-2 times I caught him in mid-poo and put him on the potty to finish. I am interested in what others have to say!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 4:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011