Should I take my 3 year old to the hospital?

My mom came down with a virus on Friday and my son went and visited her on Sunday at her house. At the time I was unaware she had a virus and when my son returned home, the next day he came down with a fever. Later on on Monday, my mom decided she wanted to go to the emergency room for constant vomiting so my sister took her. I woke up this morning cramping pretty badly and not feeling well, guessing whatever she had had been passed along to me And being pregnant doesn't make it any better. My son still has a fever and is not very comfortable with the hospital atmosphere and seeing my mom like that but I still want to go see her, just so she doesn't feel like we don't care. But I have no one to leave my son with and knowing her regardless of his feelings she'll still want to see him. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Normally hospitals won't allow someone w/ a fever to visit someone in the hospital. I wouldn't take him.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• he's already sick so it cant hurt him further, but hoenstly i dont think i'd go. she should understand that he's sick and you dont want to make it worse by taking him somewhere that's going to make him feel worse
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 6:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• They probably won't allow him in with a fever along with depending on what ward she is in, he may be too young to be in the room.

I would check with the hospital on their policies and then if he is allowed, I would take him. He is not the parent and regardless of his wishes, if you want to go, then go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't take him, he's already been exposed to what your mom has so I wouldn't worry about him catching it, it sounds like already has.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• do not i repeat do not take him to the hospital with you there are so many other thing that he could catch from there and since he is sick he has a high chance of catching it. I would be worried for even you to go since your pregnant but u know your body better then anyone else, but you risk your son getting worse and most hospitals will not let children past the first floor
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't go. There are alot of viruses and other illnesses at the hospitals and clinics. I would not go and risk it. Your mom should be out of the hospital soon. Maybe you could have here come and stay with you for a few days afeter she is released. Believe me she knows you care. She probably doesn't feel like entertaining visitors anyway. Call her on the phone and send her a bouquet of flowers.
    This is a virus, not life or death- if that were the case it would be different. Another thought, if your son is still contagiuos you don't want to risk spreading it to others who already have illnesses and low immunity at the moment.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I dont' think I would take him there are to many things going around this year better safe than sorry
    macmom1008

Answer by macmom1008 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would not take him or you go either. Being sick already he can get even sicker and you being prego lowers your immune system, so you do not need to get sick either.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 8:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• talk to ur mom an explain to her that he is sick etc. an u being prego shouldnt realy be there urself! hopefuly she will understand an be willing to visit sum when she returns home! ( depending how sick she is and what her energy level is ) good luck an hope everyone gets better.
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 8:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• no one should go. everyone is sick and they will not allow you into the hospital ward if you are sick. a phone call should be plenty.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011