When can I start working out again!?

I delivered my Son 2 weeks ago and I stopped bleeding about a week ago! I was just curious when you started working out. I know that they recommend waiting until 6 weeks after delivery, but there is no way I'm going to last that long. I need to get moving again!! I was just curious what you all did and if you really did wait the 6 weeks. I'm just thinking about starting walking and then maybe a speed walk a couple weeks into it. Let me know!! Thanks!! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Really you should wait. It could cause you to swell if you start too soon. I would start with stationary punches...It doesn't require that you get up but it is cardio.

also, if you are nursing, you only need to take in 500 additional calories to keep your milk up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i made the mistake of starting too early after my first and i regretted it. after my second i was really out of shape (go figure lol. from one extreme to another), so i started walking about a week after i stopped bleeding. very slowly at first, only for a minute or two and built it up over a week to five minutes. i did it on a treadmill even though they say not to. i think it's cuz people over do it on treadmills but i knew what to watch out for. even if you feel great your body wen throuh soem massive trauma and it needs time to recover not only on the outside but your organs and back and stuff. if youre worried about weight just watch what you eat
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 7:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You know your body best. Try something gentle and low impact at first. Feel it out. Stop yourself if it's too much.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• wait lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You really do need to wait... just easy walking for now till the doc clears you for more. The last thing you want is to go back to the hospital because you pushed it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2011