how do you sell avon or mary kay if you dont really know that many people

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• door to door, fundraiser for groups, advertise everywhere
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You have to build clientele and get people who will order on a regular basis I used to work for Avon and for me it didn't really bring in any extra money but everyone's different good luck

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You have to have a passion for what you do to be good at it and be successful:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i would like to sell avon.
    mom1p36

Answer by mom1p36 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You have to go out and fnd people.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• talk to everyone you run into and have passion about what you are trying to sell. Before you join either one of those companies, especailly MK because it is so pricey. But look into it and see how many people are in your area that sell both. AVON and MK is honestly everywhere! Good Luck on your decision!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce).  http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• One of our top 5 income earners started her business by knowing only 2 people. She moved to a new state and then decided to start her business. She made the most of those two connections. The two people she knew had shows for her and introduced her to others, plus she began talking to everyone new she met about her business. It helps when you have a product that people are actually looking for. I would encourage you to check out Arbonne. Our products are botanically based and formulated in Switzerland. People are looking for healtier products that actually have visible results. PM me and I would love to help you out.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I sold Avon for years and it can be tough. I would buy 300-500 brochures each campaign, tag them, bag them (in the clear door to door bags) and canvass houses and business with them......you don't get a heck of a lot of customers that way and after too long with trying so many ideas and spending money on them I decided it was time to do something that actually made me money! I did way too much work for very little profit with Avon.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Learn the technique called " the power of one". Works every time.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2011