Would you go to something you DONT' enjoy...

Would you go to something just because it's free? A friend told me he was going to a country concert that had some famous group...but he HATES country music. He then tells me, it's experience and you get free stuff. He got an autograph that he is either keeping for the sake of saying he met a famous group or to turn around and make money off of it. I didn't even think to go to something just for experience.

This weekend Gallagher is coming to do a show and meet and greet. He's the one that smashes watermelon and sprays his audience if they sit too close. Sure, I'd love to see that, but I didn't think it would be something I could get to see FREE...till now. Definitely gaining experience and fun memories...now time to find a sitter lol.

Would you go to something you DON'T enjoy just for the experience? Or just because it's free?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 7:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• Heck yeah... Sometimes you have a blast when you least expect it. It will open your horizons to go do something you are not a fan of normally. I bet you will enjoy yourself immensely.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• when i first read the question i thought it was a dumb thing to do but now that i think about it, unless i flat out HATE it, i htink i'd consider going just for the sake of the experience.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 7:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Hell yeah if it's free why not live each and everyday like it's your last do things you wouldn't normally do just to be able say you did it

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Depends on what it is- but any type of comedian would be great to see- esp. for free! Enjoy :) I think it's a great attitude to have, so that you can get out there & experience new things, meet new people & maybe even gain some new appreciation for something. I would love to have more of an attitude like that- but then again, not too many freebies fall in my lap! :p S go out & enjoy yourself. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• depends 100% on what it is.... but usually I avoid anything "free". The zoo here has a free day in Oct and you couldnt pay me to go. The crowds are so not worth the fact that it is free. I would rather pay and enjoy myself than to deal with the number of people that end up going simply because something is free.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Sure, I'm open to something new.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No! I don't want to do things I don't like :)
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes- Life is all about the experience!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011