Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Anyone ever have to call posion control?

I feel so stupid for calling... My son helps with the dishes for his chore and left dishwasher open and before i could stop her my dd whos 2 got some dishwasher liquid on her hands and licked some off. Scared me to death ugh...

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (14)
  • yeah when my son was 1 he ate some soil and plant food and i freaked out and called them
    jesslovesyou08

    Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • Yep... a few times. Kids will find all kinds of things you have no idea they can reach or get into.
    SleepingBeautee

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • Yea i think we all have called at least once
    ExtremlyUnique

    Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • yep, somehow 1 of my boys(he was 3) had gotten into my nail polish bag. He ended up oping a bottle of cuticle remover. I could smell it on him but didn't know if he drank it....so I called. They even called me back after an hour or so to make sure he was still ok.

    how_reb

    Answer by how_reb at 7:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • Yeah, my husband left a bottle of rubbin alchohol open on a lower shelf, when I was in the room with him, he managed to get a swig of it. Luckily he was fine. He spit most back out.
    lstrickland

    Answer by lstrickland at 7:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • oh goodness....its programmed into my cell...called for tide, cortizone cream, caffeine pill, scented oil, and something else I dont remember. These kids get into eveything. They are always very nice!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

    Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • Twice so far since becoming a mother. First time I had to call, my oldest was 3 and got into a bottle of chewable children's tylenol. Being that I'm not mother of the year, I must not have screwed the cap back on tight enough for the child safety to be engaged so she ate the remaining 12 in there. I freaked out, called them and they told me to keep an eye on her but she should be fine. Lo and behold she was fine, but my gosh what a nervous breakdown I had. Second time, I accidentally left an old breastmilk bottle in the diaper bag, same color as the new bottle I put in, and gave the old milk to my 4 month old. Got home, pulled out the new milk bottle, realized what I did, had another meltdown, called poison control, they told me she might get an upset stomach and vomit. Needless to say nothing happened and I'm so grateful.
    Nanixh

    Answer by Nanixh at 7:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • All the time, lol
    My son has Pica, which is the eating disorder that children eat weird stuff. Thankfully he is finally growing out of it but I've called them a ton. They usually tell me to give him milk so I make sure I have it on hand.
    sandbuster

    Answer by sandbuster at 7:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • you felt stupid? imagine how I felt when I called because I had been poisoned. I was cleaning house and had accidently mixed two chemicals that should NEVER be mixed. Omg... I thought i was going to die right there.

    sahlady

    Answer by sahlady at 7:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • yeah twice my son ate toothpaste. I was scared to call the second time which was about a year later because I thought they may keep a record and if I called to much they would think I was a bad parent and have me investigated lol
    Sky_Mom

    Answer by Sky_Mom at 7:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN