Snowed in? Bored? .... Random questions meant to entertain.

1. With all the plastic surgery horror stories around some celebs - is there a celebrity that you give a "free pass" to? Who and Why?

2. Is there a show that you watch but when you REALLY think about it, you find that you really don't like any of the characters?

3. Tell me about a local commercial that either irritates you or just makes you laugh your butt off.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 7:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My answers:
    1. Joan Rivers get a pass in my book - the woman has made a career out of laughing at herself (and giving us permission to laugh at her too)... I say if you're that devil-may-care about it, then you get a free pass

2. OMG hands down - Jerseylisious! I watch it and always about halfway through I'm find myself staring at it like it's a train-wreck and I can't look away -- Don't like ANY of the people on it, but especially can't stand, what's her name... Olivia. I think I only watch it just so I can sit there and be a hater for a minute without actually hurting someone's feelings.

3. O --- some stupid lawyer (aka ambulance chaser) and his catch line is "Call me, I'm the guy with the hat"..... Can't even tell you the guys name, but it always makes me roll my eyes.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• 1. I'm with you on the Joan Rivers thing. The woman makes me laugh and that gives her a pass.

2. The Bad Girls Club. I don't like any of the people on that show but I still tune in week after week.

3. Any of the local car dealerships. Especially the guy that made a commercial aimed at Latinos. It plays on the Spanish stations and he calls himself the "Gringo Loco". Ugh. He's super annoying.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• 1. Lindsay Lohan. I know its not plastic surgery, but theres a lot of drama around her. I dont know why, but I like her and watch all the movies she is in.
    2.I watch Jersey Shore. I probably wouldnt get along with any of the characters in real life, but its just a funny show to watch.
    3.Here in Germany, almost ALL the commercials are for ringtones or wallpaper for your handy (cell phone). They are SOOOOO annoying!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• 1..Yep Joan Rivers for me too
    2, Jersey Shore and the Kardashians for me
    3. We have a foot doctor who does his own commercials..and he has the ugliest icky feet.
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 7:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• we have a local commercial for a diner. the problem is the commercial says they are open everyday, but they close 2 days a week (sometimes more) and not always on the same days. Drives me nuts! I don't eat out that often & would rather not travel far (we live in a real small town an hour from anything else). Unfortunately, I usually pick the day they decide to be closed!!!! They could @ least change their commercial to "MAYBE we are open."
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 7:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011