Was there a name that you really wanted for your child, but gave it up because DH didn't like it? What was the name?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 7:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Baby Names

• I love the name Paige...but DH had an ex by that name so I couldn't use it :(
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i wanted collin james but dh wanted to name our son after him i fought but in the end lost now when i yell the name both yell what?! and now dh says whos idea was it to have 2 of the same names...duhhh...thankfuly now he says i was right.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• willow or oakley for my son, his mother hated them...not him
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Alexandra/Alexandria for a girl and Ronan for a boy.

Undomiel

Answer by Undomiel at 8:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Aiden Allister.

I wanted our first child to have that name if it was a boy, but we ended up having a girl. My DH hated the name, so I threw it out the window and started from scratch. He wanted the name Ezra, but I HATE that name. So we eventually decided on Brayden Thomas and thankfully our daughter ended up being a girl because I hate the name Brayden now!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I wantted Andrew Dean, Andrew after my grandpa, Dean after my dad (both middle names) But Dh didnt like Dean, and my dad said he didnt like it growing up either, so I compromised with Andrew Ryan
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Boys names were so hard....we changed them a million times! I liked Jeramiah, Carter, Ronan, and Jonah.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I love the name Arabella for a girl but my BF hated it so we named her Alexis
    ae2011

Answer by ae2011 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• joshua. not that he didnt like it he just wanted to name him
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 7:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Many.....DH and I fought tooth and nail over names with our children....He won the battle with the first child, and I won with the other 2.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011