Do you have a right to something that is unattainable without the labor of others?

myame

Asked by myame at 7:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• huh?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Do you have a right to something that could not exist without other people's hard work and funding?
    myame

Comment by myame (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• im getting new floors put in... it is unattainable with out the labor of the people Im paying.
    Anonymous

• such as?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

You are getting new floors because you paid for them. Not because someone else paid for them.
    myame

Comment by myame (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have my own company and without my hard work and the hardwork of others we all could not have in the next couple years.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Not if you plan to sponge for a lifetime and never do something to help yourself attain "said" item.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I do not have the 'right' to anything except those inalienable rights granted me by my creator and reasserted in our Constitution. Getting and buying things (like a house) or services (like insurance) aren't rights even though many want you to think they are.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Thank You Jesse. You are exaclty right.
    myame

Comment by myame (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• If you pay people fairly and equitably for providing you with a product or service (AKA labor), you certainly are well within your rights- If you expect labor, products or services for FREE, you are over stepping your bounds.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011