do you believe some males are priests etc.. so they can abuse boys because they are pedafiles ?

i know that some are in religious positions solely to abuse

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I am sure there are those in there, it is a perfect breeding ground for this activity.

Answer by older at 8:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• you KNOW this..hmm. i highly doubt you have this knowledge. that would mean anyone in the office of authority over a child could be there 'solely' for the purpose to abuse. i don't buy that.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think it's much more complicated than that, but it is very likely true for some.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Those must be some patient pedophiles it takes three to six years to get through seminary but they are everywhere.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I say no!

They tend to work as teachers and coaches and get married to women with young kids!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Maybe, but there certainly faster ways to get to young kids than going into the priesthood.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I say no.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 8:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Could be certainly gives them more of an excuse to be around young children

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 8:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Um, I'm gonna have to say it could happen, but I doubt it. It takes years of going throught the seminary, devotion, discipline, and time to be a priest. It's your entire life. I don't think they would join just to get to boys. A preist does WAY MORE than just hang around kids.
    If someone wants to molest children they will find easier ways like befriending unsupervised kids, or pull a Gacy and hire a bunch of young boys to work for him, or go work at Chuck E Cheeses or something. I'd be more leary of Disneyland than the Church.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No. I think they are men that are raised in the Catholic faith, and taught all their lives that God is the answer. When they have these urges their natural response is to turn to the Church. They believe that by dedicating themselves to the Church they will be 'cured'. Then they realize that no matter how devout they are the urges don't go away, so they end-up molesting the children in their congregation.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011