A good vegetarian meal?

Any recommendations? I'm doing my meal plan for next week and I want at least one vegetarian meal. We like pretty much any vegetable, but I already have a couple squash dishes, so I'd like to avoid that. And I don't do Tofu! lol I've tried it several different ways, and I just don't like it! Other than that, we're not picky.
:) Thanks in advance!

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• See if you can't glean something from THIS

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Breakfast - pancakes or waffles or french toast, and fruit. Soups - all kinds of them, with & without beans.
    Anonymous

• We have a meatless house. I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Hey ObbyDobbie! Fish is not vegetarian!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Never claimed it was, that is simply the first post that is up on the blog... there are a bunch of gems in there.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• try Quorn meatless products, they rock! You can do spaghet, beans and rice or cornbread, homeade veg pizza, veg soup.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Thanks for responding ladies!
    ObbyDobbie: Thanks for the link. The veggie lasagna looks really yummy! I'm definitely going to be trying that one at some point!

Annon: That is a good though, but I'm trying to avoid those breakfast foods. I'm working on losing weight and have drastically reduced my calorie intake. As far as soups, I'm not a big soup person. I have to be in a particular mood. And I have a 3yo son that is the same way. But maybe I'll look up some crock pot recipes for a new twist. Thanks!

Shivasgirl: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to find those. Where do you usually purchase them? It's not something that I've seen in stores here.
    Megs5384

Comment by Megs5384 (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My hubby is a real carnivore, but he always requests my Grilled Veggie Sandwiches....(they're actually sauteed veggie's) I cut up red, yellow and orange peppers, and onions (sometimes mushrooms and/or zucchini) put a little olive oil or cooking spray in a skillet, sautee with garlic, pepper and basil until the veggies are tender. Then I spread hummus on a whole wheat roll, and put the veggies on top. I serve them with homemade roasted red pepper and tomato soup, or with yam fries. They're a family favorite.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Pasta primavera is good. Beans and cornbread, vegetable soup, which could use up all your leftovers.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2011