If you have ever attended a community college....

Do you feel like you received a good education while you were there?

I feel like I am getting a great education, most of my professors teach the same material at other universities.

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in

• Yup and it's cheaper :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agree.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I should probably add that I plan to attend a 4 year for my bachelors pretty soon and I guess I can compare them then. I will definitely miss my school though.
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... did a private college the first time (Nursing), SUCKED! Than Sac City (Admin. Justice and Correction) LOVED IT!!! Than Microcomputer Operations at a private college the thirdtime... Oh, BTW, jobs suck so bad, I ended up a SAHM!!! Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i think it depends on the professor wherever you go. i think my community college was okay and i did learn alot, but it was definatly not as demanding as the university i am attending now.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I believe it depends on the person and you can learn a lot no matter where you go to school, and you can also do a lot of learning on your own. Unfortunately, though, certain schools open doors. Politics play too big of a role in education and the job market, imo.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The one I went to in my home state, yes. The one I'm going to now, not so much. It's like pulling teeth to get any questions answered and they refuse to process anything on time. I've heard it used to be a great school but has gone downhill and I have to agree with at least that much.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I've found the quality to vary from class to class. more the teaching than the curricula.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think I got a good education at the community college.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I feel my CC did a good job. I was able to transfer to my 4 year having completed all gen ed coursework at a much cheaper tuition rate too. The 4 year was pricey.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

Next question in
Math 70

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
A good vegetarian meal?