Can I take Microsoft Office off my Win96 computer & put it on myXP?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 8:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Technology

• First of all have a few questions... first do you have them on disk, or are you thinking you can pull straight off the hard drive? Second is the hard drive so big on the windows XP so big it neeeded to be specially formatted so that a portion does not have XP?

I ask because once you "UP" grade you can't go back to previous technologies! If you simply want to snag Office from one computer to another you'll need different software all together if not on Disk... cnet.com can help you find what you are looking for
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Honestly... best bet and same pricing will be to simply buy the home version of office, it is newer and better anyways???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I want to pull it off the Hard drive. You are probably right as far as the language of the old format trying to be read by the XP system. What a bummer. Just don't have the $124.00 for the package. Thanks for your help. If you can think of anything or any other way I can get one, plz let me know. I will check out the site you recommend too! Appreciate your help!
    WalknWithGod

Comment by WalknWithGod (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• WalknWithGod....look at OpenOffice.org. Their suite can do EVERYTHING that MS Office can do, only for FREE!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• thanks pp ill look into that
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011