Need to take time off of work (PIOG)

I currently work Mon-Fri and I am looking for another job. This is the first job I have had that has been Mon-Fri. Well I started thinking, what do I do if I get a call for an interview. We don't have personal days at my current job so I can't call and say I need a personal day. All of my other jobs I had days off durring the week so this was never a problem in the past. And my creative thinking is hitting a wall lol. Is it wrong to use my son as a reason I have to leave early?

nurbabe82

Asked by nurbabe82 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Can you take a long lunch break?
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Can the appoinment be made for before or right after work?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have tried getting an interview for after work before, but no one ever wants to interview me in the evening. And I go in to early to get an interview before work. The other problem with all that is the places I am sending resumes to aren't anywhere near where I currently work. I am trying to get a job closer to home.
    nurbabe82

Comment by nurbabe82 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Just say you have an appointment. Don't specify for what. That way you aren't lying. If they ask, just sort of say "It's personal" and leave it at that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Employer's understand, and will be willing to work with you. I have interviewed candidates at 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• If you have to take time off, offer to make the time up.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011