How 2 get my child 2 sleep when at other places?

I am having a hard time getting my daughter to go to bed while at my apartment or at her grandma's house. She will fight every step of the way, but when she stays at her daddy's apartment, she will lay down all by herself without a fight. Help please!

kiraray822

Asked by kiraray822 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is her Daddy's apartment her main home?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It's a battle at each new place. My sons had to adjust to many different places because we traveled so much when they were little. It took 1-2 nights to get them adjusted and then they did fine. Do your regular sleeptime routine and be consistent. Explain beforehand where she will sleep that night to help prepare her. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• establish a routine that you can follow on all 3 places. Make sure she has the same sleeping arrangements (a crib of her own) at each place. Make sure that she has a lovey that travels with her, so at least there is 1 thing, or maybe 2, that doesn't change.
    My daughter had a pink bunny blanket that went everywhere with her. When we traveled, we brought her bunny and her favorite blanket. I always sang the same song to her and always followed the same bedtime routine.

It's a bit harder now that she's older, but she still goes to bed at her bedtime, or at least close to it.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• she has a set routine at each place, and favorite things that we carry at all times. she mainly stays with me at my apartment and visits her daddy and grandma on weekends.
    kiraray822

Comment by kiraray822 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Try keeping bed time routine the same at each place. Kids are creatures of habbit...if she does bath, bedtime story, bottle, bed at daddy's make sure it is the same routine at your house and grandma's. Also is daddy giving her naps during the day?? If she takes a nap with you and not with him she may just be more tired at daddy's house. I come visit my parents every two months and stay for two weeks at a time. My daughter goes to bed here same as at home weather I put her to bed or someone else because everyone knows her bedtime rputine and fallows it. I hope this helps! Sounds like you need to see what daddy is doing at bed time and do the same thing since he gets her to sleep. I agree with the same blanket or toy for bed time thing as well. My daughter has a blanket she always goes to bed with no matter where she is : ) GL
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011