Do you believe that a homeless person can be happy?

I know a lot of people have opinions about homeless individuals.... but what if a person is homeless by choice, can they be happy?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I highly doubt it.
    By choice? Why would you want to sleep outside and eat in soup kitchens?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My cousin is in a group of people whe are homeless. They aren't bums, they just travel as a group from state to state. Doing odd jobs for people for cash. They camp a lot of places. They seem happy, and love what they do, but I wonder what will happen to them when they get older. No social security, health insureance, retirement, nothing.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I saw on tv this girl that was homeless and she was happier than she was living at home with her family so i guess yes they can be happy.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It was by her choice by the way. She didn't want to live with them
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• By choice? I don't see why not.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• IF they have chosen to be like the examples listed in the above replies, then there is no reason why they cannot be happy. But most homeless are not homeless by choice. Many are mental disabled in one way or another.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011