Fettucini Alfredo?

Any good recipes? I can't make this worth crap! Mine never comes out right. I try making it with chicken and the chicken always comes out tough.

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I use whole grain pasta, and lots of veggies, and pretend that this is healthy

Fettuccine Alfredo

1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
    4 Tbs (60 ml) butter
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    1 lb (500 g) fettuccine cooked according to package directions
    3/4 cup (180 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Bring the cream and butter to a boil in a saucepan large enough to hold the cooked fettuccine. Reduce the flame to low and add the salt, and pepper. Add the cooked fettuccine and toss in the sauce. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss until the fettuccine are well coated and the sauce has thickened.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• lol. i know how you feel! when i make alfredo, i always go for the pre-made sauce. then i just put some salt, pepper, & lots of lemon on some chicken breast, grill it up & top it over the pasta, and voila! dinner!

rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 8:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I get those fried chicken chunks cook them, and boil the noodles just a tad longer then the box says (every so often go in and take one out of the water and taste it) drain when I think they aren't so hard. Then I just dump a jar of alfredo sauce on it. I like the fried chicken way better then the grilled. IMO the grilled always tastes gross no matter who or how you cook it. You don't need a lot of the chicken chunks just do like four and cut them up into tiny bite sized pieces that should be enough.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Fettucini Alfredo
    1 pound dried fettucine
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter
    1 shallot, minced
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    Fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
    Cook the fettucine in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute until tender. Add heavy cream, bring to a boil. Cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Return pasta to pot it was cooked in, set over medium-high heat with the reserved cooking liquid. Add the butter-cream mixture and half of the Parmesan and toss to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan garnish with parsley,
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• not a pasta fan but I do love that sauce!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I love it too. When I try to make it it never turns out, so I buy the jar also.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I use the jars lol. Four cheese or zesty alfredo...boxed noodles for the longest amount of time. I start with some minced garlic...cook the chicken in it with some oil, drain...add broccoli (frozen from bag -sigh-) and then add the sauce when the broccoli is thawed. Seems to come out great for me lol...but then I realize 2 of everything...and 1 box seems to get the kids better...we like it soupy.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Buy the chicken all ready cut up and cooked so all you have to do it warm it up. Boil the noodles and use the jar of Alfredo sauce.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 10:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• looks like you have some good recipes to follow
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011