Should I put my son in school tomorrow?

I have applied for home schooling for him and am currently waiting for the final approval. His computer and everything else is approved, just need a start date. Today was the worst day ever for him. We have been struggling at this school since Sept. 2009. He has behavioral problems due to ADHD. Hyper and Impulsivity type. I don't like the way society pathologizes personalities instead of learning to teach out all types. Anyway, The teacher has expressed her and my Son's assistant's frustration and says that they are out of options. That sounds like a threat to me, a threat of expulsion. If in fact he is expelled, he would not be eligible for the online school that we are nearly fully approved for. This is bad. what should I do. Stay in a take the risk, or get make up a sick excuse until he is approved? I have already asked if he can do his work at home and turn it in, and of course he would need to be there for testing. What say you?

Avitar

Asked by Avitar at 8:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Go to www.hslda.org and look up your state's home educating laws. Personally, I would check out the laws and see what you need to do to withdraw him asap and go from there with the program. I also encourage you to join Happy Homeschoolers her on cm. You will get the support you need. I amsorry for what you are going through with your son.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• just cuz the teachers are frustrated doesn't mean they are going to expell your kid. you should sit down and talk to the principal and let them know that u plan on home schooling him. you understand how frustrating it can be and how you think he would do better at home, whatever. try to work it out with the school so that they understand what you are trying to do so that they don't expell your son. Or ask them what their thoughts are on the subject of your son. maybe this will stall his stay in school until you get approved.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would not send him if it where me. In the long run it won't matter because he will be home schooled and that way you don't have to worry about anything,

I do agree looking into home shcool laws for your state would be a good thing as well.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No way, keep him home..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011