Ultrasounds

What does a 4 weeks ultrasound look like!? I see pictures that show nothing but the uterus and then others actually show a fetus. What is a 4 week ultrasound really supposed to look like, is there supposed to be a fetus or just a placenta if that's what the big empty space is called before the fetus develops lol !?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The tech will tell you what the baby is measuring. Which is usually how big the baby is + 2 weeks.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• nothing is there at 4 weeks. maybe a yolk sac that looks like a small empty circle.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• a 4 week ultrasound is not going to look like much because it hasn't developed into a baby yet. I had one done at 4 weeks and I was like, awwwww... what is it? lol
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• just a sac because its not formed into anything yet. Even at 8 weeks it just looks like a jellybean. if someone is showing you a ultrasound of a 4 week old baby that looks like a fetus its not real...
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 8:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I couldnt see anything even on my 5 week ultrasound. my tech said that was normal....finally at 6 weeks saw a tiny sac and blip....(baby) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Most people don't get ultrasounds that early because it won't appear as much more than an empty space. :) 20 weeks is typically when they first start getting serious about having them done though sometimes a situation calls for one earlier.
    lefultz87

Answer by lefultz87 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• So if the doctor says that your 6 weeks according to the ultrasound measurement does that mean your really 4 weeks and they added 2 weeks to it? or does that mean 6 weeks ago you got pregnant?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Ok! Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2011