How do I tell my SO that I love him?

We have been together 11 months. I do love him and I'm pretty sure he feels the same. We live together and are pretty compatible and happy. We talk about the future and how lucky we are to have a relationship as easy going as ours. I think we were just both so scared to say it when we started feeling it b/c of past heartbreaks and now it's gone so long that it would be awkward. He tells my kids he loves them so how do I do this?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 8:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• What you need girl is a romantic night set up. seriously. you guys are past the "we've been hurt in the past phase" because you both are living together & he says it to your kids, yes? I say one night put the kids to bed early, share a lovely dinner, sit down together & watch a romantic movie. then while your both snuggled up & hes looking you in the eyes just say "I love you" or "you know i love you, right?" that should do it. Good Luck, mama! :-)
    kool-aidbabe

Answer by kool-aidbabe at 12:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Let me get this straight: you live together, and yet you haven't told each other that you love each other?? I would think you'd have had that conversation way before you decided to cohabitate.
    Anonymous

• Just tell him, maybe try to make it special.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Say it in a letter or a card.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would just tell him, like totally out of the blue. Maybe when he gets home from work and he gives you that hello kiss, if that is something he does just say it. I think once you break the ice it will be easier and less awkward.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Just tell him what you feel. If you bottle it up too long, you're never gonna say it! Just be spontaneous. Don't worry about waiting for a special moment b/c sometimes that only makes it more awkward. Just say that L word when you know you are in that moment. :)
    October_Rayne

Answer by October_Rayne at 9:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yea...not sure how this happened. I guess b/c last time I said it first I got hurt and he has been hurt in the past as well and I guess our relationship progressed to this point and the words never have.
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• "I think I love you so what am I so ashamed of? But it worries me to say, I've never felt this way"

Sorry, honestly just come out and say it. If after 11 months and moving in together. If he doesn't love you than you need to move on and quit wasting your time.
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 9:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I told him w/a card and he said "cool, i love you too." awww, romance :)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 11:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i agree with anon... i would definitely have to hear those 3 words before moving in with a man who is around my kids.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2011