How do you find the will power to not eat 'bad' foods?

When I want something, I find it hard to say no. How do I fight this off? I dont want to completely deny myself but I need to have some restraint.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 8:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• tell yourself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels... works for me :)
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 9:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Geez. I really don't know. It's hard but I just think about how good it feels so to be getting healthy.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm the same way, but when you find the will power can I borrow it?? :-b
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• right now I haven't been able to say no. I am a stress eater and my DD has been sick for the past 5 months. She's been in and out of the hospital and while she is doing great right now I am afraid she might get sick again. I have gained 5 lbs and I'm at a total loss. I will be starting eating better Thursday. I have a plan in place I just need to go to the store to by the right foods. We are snowed in or I would be starting tomorrow.

For me I have to avoid food when I first start or I won't know what to do..so I cut out sugar and things like that.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Make sure you are getting proper nutrients. High protein, low fat, and make sure you are drinking water. Also, little trick, most of the time when you are craving chocolate you need magnesium. If you need water you tend to crave salt.
    Also, if you hold out for 15 to 20 minutes after getting a craving, it will subside.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I usually look at the nutrition information and the deters me from eating eat. Holy crap, 400 calories, 20 grams of fat, and 32 grams of sugar? That will take me HOURS of working out to burn off, and damn--eating this will only last about 3 minutes....hmmmm....hours of working out VS. 3 minutes of tastiness? No thanks. I find that as I got into better and better shape with my workouts, I was able to continue streamlining my diet and cut out more and more of the not-so-good stuff as time went on. It was a process for me. It took time to develop the discipline, dedication, and self-control that I have at this point.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Also, multivitamins help me a ton!
    Musicmom80

• Try to have something else easily ready for you to grab..I always eat popcorn as my snack, not so bad.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I eliminate as much bad stuff as I can from the house. I chew gum when I have really strong cravings and that helps a lot. I also treat myself once every two weeks to my favorite candy bar. Just ideas..........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I started taking Juice Plus about a year and a half ago. The first thing I noticed is that my food cravings began to change. The longer I take Juice Plus the less I crave sugar and junk food.
    I was just trying to find something to help improve my health, I had no idea it would help get rid of cravings or I would have started it years ago.
    I have actually seen so much improvement in hy life I became a Rep with the company because I share it with people all the time anyway. www.welovejuiceplus.com Feel free to contact me.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011