How can I ween my lil one off her bottles before she gets too old?

She is working on the whole cup thing, doing well but she is still craving that bottle.

kiraray822

Asked by kiraray822 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just took dd's away and hid them so she wouldn't see them. Out of sight out of mind :) She has been off the bottle for about three or four months now. She does great, but she still remebers the bottle, she will flip out if she see's one so we just try to hide them all. Eventually she will forget all about it.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• for me I only game my kids bottle at nap time and bed time until they turned 2. I know that is kind of old to still be getting a bottle, I jus liked the bonding time we had sitting with them at night before they went to bed. I think the best way is to try cutting back to just 1 or 2 bottles a day.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We just took the bottle away at a year, substituting the sippy cup anytime he wanted something to drink. He never really fussed about it at all.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I did what missanc did. It worked great. He did try to take away his 10 month old cousin's bottle one time though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011