Is it possible for a child to have anger issues before they are even able to really talk?

Little fits are fine but it is the serious frustration about not being able to do something or when she is playing she all of a sudden starts yelling and throwing her toys around

kiraray822

Asked by kiraray822 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it could be that she is frustrated because she wants to do things and she can't. I know when my son couldn't get his point across at this age he would yell and throw fits, sometimes he would even lay on the floor and bang his head.

I would try getting her to use what words she has and if it really becomes a problem you can always ask the doctor.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i am trying to get her to use her words but she doesn't calm down long enough to tell us what is wrong
    kiraray822

Comment by kiraray822 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Of course it's possible! Especially when they can't talk! Imagine yourself not being able to use your words, because you just didn't have any. You are sad because you can't find your favorite toy. That is indeed very frustrating. Or at that age, everything has to be their idea, they want to close the door, not you, they want to use the potty on their own terms not yours, and they are testing boundaries as well.
    Don't worry too much if she doesn't do it right away. Just be consistent, and when she is hysterical, remove her from the situation immediatley.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I guess just imagine how frustrating your everyday life would be if you didn't know how to talk!
    Musicmom80

• When she begins to throw a fit over frustration, remove her from the situation, and let her calm down. Then return her to the problem, and see if she can show you what she is getting frustrated over. Show her that it's ok to be frustrated, but that if she lets you know she needs help with something, you can help her.

My son would through these fits of frustration until he realized that if he asked Mommy for help, I would walk him through it. Sometimes he asked for help by guiding my hands, like with shapes. He had a really hard time learning shapes in those shape blocks. If he couldn't figure it out, he'd put the block in my hand, and I'd show him how to turn it until it fit.

Talk her through it. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• She may just be frustrated she cant speak what she wants or needs right now. i dont think its anger issues i think its normal behavior
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think they get more frustrated than angry.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 4:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011