OOPS! May have screwed up my Chicken casserole... Recovery help?

I was kinda winging it, so I precooked the rice ( I used brown so it needs some extra cooking), half steamed the veggies, and browned (just half cooked) the chicken and mixed it all up with some seasoned sour cream... When looking up actual recipies just to get a cook temp/time, I realized pretty much every recipe calls for fully cooked chicken, or the chicken is placed on top of the casserole. So how long do you think it will take my half cooked chicken to get done, being all mixed in to the sauce and everything? I'm cooking it at 400 degrees...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i would check it at 30 min, just cut into a piece of the chicken and check it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• 30 minutes.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I usually cook it at 400 degrees until the edges bubble. I say cook it until that point and find the chicken in it and test it by cutting it open and see if it is cooked through and through. If it's not done you will have to "babysit it" because you don't want to burn everything else in it. Butkeep checking the chicken until it is done. That's the best I can tell you to do. Hope this helps.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would agree 30 minutes and if the chicken is cut up into small pieces you should be okay.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Thanks ladies! Yeah, I did cut it up pretty small, and thirty minutes covered, plus five or so more to brown seemed to do the trick!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yay!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Great!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2011