What are some activities that a daddy can do with a lil girl? to help them bond a little bit better

I am trying to figure out some little activities they can do together when I am off doing my own thing, any ideas?

kiraray822

Asked by kiraray822 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Anything! my dd loves it when daddy does anything with her whether it be reading a book, going to the park, playing tea party. Just spending time is bonding :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My Dh plays card games and board games with our DD. When she was little he would read ot her and he has even painted her nails. Little crafts are great, like playing with clay or making necklaces. I think anything they do together will be great.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Why not the same thing he would do with a boy? I went fishing with Dad. I was the best center fielder by playing catch with Dad. I can can crank on engine by helping Dad.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agree with Namaste17. Anything!
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Anything. Go to movies, my husband does my daughter's nails, play baseball in the back yard, bake brownies, read books, anything at all that they like.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I seen on super nanny the other day. Nanny Jo had made an activity box and dad was to put in different activities an pick one at activity time. I don't know what age your little girls is, but tea time is the most popular. Also, simply coloring in a coloring book together (did you see Ramona and Beezus...good movie) get one of those big floor coloring books. My husband like those it's easier to color in...lol. Maybe some age appropriate card or board games.  These are just off the top of m head right now.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would say let Dad teach her the things he's good at - whether it's changing the oil in the car, going for a bike ride, throwing a ball, etc. Dad would probably feel more comfortable doing those things. I know my stepdad sat through tea parties with me (and has now had them with his granddaughters), but the things I remember doing with him are changing the oil in the car, changing a tire, building a tree fort, and fishing.

Answer by missanc at 9:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm in the "anything" camp too. Dh takes DD to the park, teaches her how to throw a ball and bat outside, swimming, sledding in the winter, reading. Shoot, DH plays Barbies with my daughter, cutest.thing.ever.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• DH plays cars, board games, video games, tickle sessions, fort building (in the living room and snow forts), everything you would do with a boy. Our DDs are 6 and 7.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Read books,go to the park, thye have breakfast just the 2 of them on saturday mornings so mommy can sleep in, tea parties... Sky is the limit!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011