Problem Sleeping... any Ideas

I don't know what my problem is... I am tired all day... I get ready to go to bed and bang I can't go to sleep AT ALL! I mean I've even cleaned the whole intire house at like midnight... the only energy I ever have is at night time... and I am in the military... I have to be up at the crack of dawn everyday so by time I fall asleep I have to wake up... any ideas...

lynn.cox22

Asked by lynn.cox22 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Health

• I would try taking melatonin. My DD has to get regular sleep because of a seizure disorder and that is what they told us to give her, YOu can get it over the counter and it really helps. Many of the nurses that worked in the PICU when she was there told me they used it to help them on their nights off.

If you aren't interested in that I would try counting backwards. Usually when we can't sleep it is because we have to much on our minds.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Cut out any and all caffiene by 1800. Turn off all electronics at least one hour before bed. No ipod, TV, computer. Read only. Sleepytime tea is helpful to me sometimes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Have some sex right before bed LOL! That Makes me sleepy haha! Good luck!
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Watch the History Channel :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• drink some chamomile tea, u could also listen to soundscapes or sounds of nature online.. it works for me.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I take nice hot soaking bath with aroma salts 2 hrs before bedtime. It really relaxes me. then I put on some good fragrance body lotion that makes my skin smooth and soft . Sleeptime hot tea helps also.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 10:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2011