i'm 24 wks is it possable to have braxton hicks now ? i thought they started in your 3rd trimes

1stxmom36

Asked by 1stxmom36 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You actually have Braxton hicks in the 1st trimester but you can't feel them.

My OBGYN pointed them out to me on the ultra sound at 10 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Yes. It's possible. I had braxton hicks contractions throughout the entirety of my first pregnancy, and have had them through most of this one. If you can drink a glass of cold water and lay down on your left side and the contractions go away, it's just braxton hicks. If they're consistantly timed, like every 5-7 minutes, if there is any pinkish discharge, etc, it could be real labor. If you suspect this is the case, contact your OB..24 wks is way too early. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I had them from 6 months on in each of my pregs.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i started getting them at 26 weeks. and now im 30 weeks and 1 day pregnant.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• As anon said, they happen consistently, from the very beginning of pregnancy, they're just generally unfelt until the latter half. 20 weeks is usually the magic number between being able to feel them and not, though some people feel them a bit earlier, and of course there are those who never feel them. So no, 24 weeks is not too early.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I had my first noticeable braxton hicks contraction at 14 weeks.
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 10:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I am pregnant with my 5th child. My first came at 42 weeks, 2nd at 38, 3rd at 38, and 4th at 36 and 5 days. I felt braxton hicks sooner and sooner with each pregnancy also. I have been feeling mine since 15 weeks. I am 23 weeks pregnant. Resting on your left side, emptying your bladder, and drinking lots of water can help reduce them. If you have more than 6 in an hr call your OB.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011