What can I do to stop getting yeast infections soo much??

I get them ALL the time since I was really young I will get them b4 my perios and after my period a lot! after i had my son they stopped and it was WONDERFUL but now that I have had my daughter they i am starting to get them again! :( i told hubby we need to have 1 more child to through my body back to how it was! lol ( not gonna happen!) is there anything that will help prevent them>????

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 9:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Health

• you could try eating more yogurt
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Same thing happened to me. I would have 7-8 a year. Nothing helped. Tried cotton undies, changed my diet...nothing.

I started taking a probiotic and I have been yeast free for over 3 years. That even includes when I have had to take an antibiotic...I just double up on probiotics at the same time. I take one called PB8. I get it at a local nutrition store...NOT GNC but a real store. It is kept refrigerated since it loses potency if kept at room temp.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Oh, and it has enough good cultures in it to equal 50 servings of yogurt per day without the sugar which can aggravate yeast infections.
    Jademom07

• try an anti-candida diet

Answer by rkoloms at 10:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I was the same way but what what worked for me was
    1. I started eating yougurt with live or active cultures in it. I
    2. I only use dove soap
    3. and I can't do cotton panties all the time but I wore cotton panties more.
    For me I just couldn't use the different soaps especially bath and body works on my private areas. Also Rephresh worked great also. I used it after my cycles to balance everything.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Take a probiotic daily, garlic, and coconut oil
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Probiotics. Be sure they are yeast and dairy free. "Pearls" has one especially for this issue.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• get your blood sugar checked maybe its high---also try cotten undies---no douching--its bad for your hoha--ask for dr for a yeast infection pill--difulican and give it to your hubby maybe his weinee is yesty --like he is a carrier--and probiotics
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011