I have a 4 year old and we just moved 2 hours away from grandma and she is devastated.

She cries and cries. I don't know how to help her. She has even told me she wants to live with grandma and not me. She will start a PreK program on Monday and I am hoping that will help. Does anyone have any insight?

Puckett5

Asked by Puckett5 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• That will help her a lot. Keep her busy and let her talk to her grandparents as much as possible and let her write to them. Busy mind keeps her mind off hard things
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Plan special weekends with Grandma (maybe once a month if you can swing it). Maybe Grandma could meet you half way?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Sounds like Grandma was her best friend! I can relate! My Grandmother was my best friend too! She died last year. School should help some. You also need to give her as much contact with grandma as possible. Take turns visiting as much as possible. Let her talk to her on the phone and maybe even get a web cam. It will be hard on her but it will get better with time. I wish my kids could have that kind of relationship with their grandparents!

amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• hehe. When I read the question, I thought you were saying grandma cries and cries! Sorry, I'm no help, just got a giggle out of it.
    Anonymous

• GRANDMA CRIES AND CRIES TOOO....hehehe
    Puckett5

Answer by Puckett5 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Hello Puckett 5 this is mudvayne27, I had the same problom with my 6 year old. My Grandparents pratically raised my son and I, than they seperated after 49years of marriage. My Grandmom moved to Mississippi and we moved out here. For the first cople of months my son was doing the same thing. What helped him out was, I talked to him everyday about what he missed about her and than we did some of the things they use to do together. It also helped that he got to talk to her everynight before bed. So try it and relax it will get better, much better.
    Mudvayne27

Answer by Mudvayne27 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2008