is it common to having twinging pains after having a vaginal delivery?

Its been 2 weeks since I gave birth to my daughter, but is it common to have random twinging pains? Sometimes they are slightly uncomfortable and sometimes they are super painful...has anypne dealt with this before?

lilbabimama22

Asked by lilbabimama22 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i have! well i'm assuming these pains are coming from your vagina?? i never mentioned it to my doctor though. so i can't tell you what it is. but i can guess and say that it's your vagina shrinking back down to it's size. that's the only logical explanation that i thought of at the time and it was about 5 1/2 years ago... you won't notice it when it stops happening though.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yes and it sucked lol. i totally forgot about that till i read this. most of the pains you're feeling wont be remembered later
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I had cervical/uterine type pain ... it was extreme. I would break out in this awful sweat and fainted once from the pain! I really should have gone in, but I just assumed it was things shrinking back down to size. If you start sweating from them or they get progressively worse, it wouldn't hurt to call the dr. to check with them!
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 11:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It can be normal as your body returns back to pre-pregnancy form. However, you should really consult your OB about this and have them decide. Because whereas it can be normal it can also not be. We don't know.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I forgot about those too...wow. I didn't think I'd ever forget the woes of pregnancy and labor! Anyway, my guess is that it is your uterus shrinking back to normal size. Do you remember when the nurse would come in after labor and massage your abdomen? They were encouraging it to start the process. But still...consult your doctor. You could probably just call your doctor's nurse at the clinic and get an answer w/o having to pay for an office visit.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 12:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• OOOOOOOOh! I just remembered! Seriously, it could be your waste moving down your intestinal tract, and it can hurt like a mofo! If you aren't having daily bowel movements, it is totally possible that is what it could be. It happened with my first child (but not the next two) and I was convinced I was about to die. Yikes. Get some Miralax (the generic version can be found at Sam's Club and Walmart) and get started on it if you think its a possibility.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 12:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes, I remember those. After birthing a 10 pound baby, I was assuming it was my vaginal (word?) muscles spasming or something! LOL

No worries, 5 babies vaginally and I'm okay down there!

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yep, had that after all of my births. :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011