peeing

okay so I've had this problem all my life but its been worse thelast few years,when I pee I feel like I still need to pee more but it doesnt come out till I wait about a minute its not painful but then it doesnt feel right or I should say it doesnt feel good. I would like to be able to go pee and be done and not sit on the throne for 5 minutes trying to feel better. I dont have pain on a scale of 1-10 it would be about a 2 so very dull. Is it possible that my cervix is sitting on my bladder causing me to feel like I need to pee and its not allowing my bladder to empty fully? Please anyone who has this problem could you tell me what I should do and what to ask my doc to look for>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Health

• Tell your doctor EXACTLY what is going on, and he/she will KNOW what to look for!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Go see a urologist!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• tell ur doc but i saw on dr oz that you get this same sensation when holding your pee too long (not saying YOU are BUT...) same thing happens, your bladder gets over stretched and when you pee gravity and some pushing helps it to come out, (mainly gravity) y When your bladder is over stretched or bigger than normal not all the pee is emptied out...

maybe you have an oversized bladder or over stretched and thats whats causing it to not completely empty?

its a question for the dr but thatas what popped in my head!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I also watched that on Dr. Oz, but I would definitely ask my doctor about it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Your in luck! I'm going through this now! Same problems. I have urinary hesitancy, meaning even when I have to go it takes me a minute to get started, and urinary retention, which is just what you said. When your "done" you still have to go. My bladder isn't empty. I sit there forever. Every few seconds if I strain I can pee some more. Also no pain at all. It's been going on for months. I saw my primary care who did a urine sample and I had blood in my urine ( microscopic, you couldn't see it with the naked eye) no sign of infection. She ordered a CT to check for stones. It was clean so I just saw the urologist Monday. I still had blood in my urine. They did a catheter test where I pee, then they insert a cath to see how your bladder empties. It was normal but I hadn't had anything to drink in hours and didn't have to pee. He did an internal exam and felt something on my uterus pressing against my bladder. Con't.....
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Fibroids or cysts pressing on the bladder can cause these urinary symptoms. But not the blood in the urine. But he did order me an ultrasound to check my uterus. I also have to have a cystoscopy. That is where they insert a camera into the bladder to check for abnormalities. Urinary symptoms and blood in the urine can be symptoms of bladder cancer, and many other things. You need to see a doctor. You could start with your primary doctor, but I recommend a urologist. Good luck!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• thank you astraea I really do want to get checked for sure I'm just embarrassed cause I have so many other things going on as well. Docs gonna think I'm nut job. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I had the same problem and it ended up being a urinary tract infection. I told the doctor i had no pain and he said sometimes it doesnt hurt
    mommy161617

Answer by mommy161617 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011