Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i see a doctor

i am in my second trimester. every now and then i get very severe lower abdominal pain that usually goes away if i rest within an hour or two. should i still go to the emergency room even though the pain has subsided. I still feel a dull ache, but it's not as bad as it was when the pain began.

Answer Question

Asked by fallenruby at 6:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (352 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I'm going to say yes, maybe not the emergency room but the doctor. The reason I say yes is because my mom lost three babies due her uterus getting "stuck" inside her pelvis and not tipping outwards when the babies grew to large. It is very unusual, but it did happen. So it is better to be safe then sorry.

    Answer by SusieD250 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • Yeah i would go to the ER. Or at least a doctor, it might not be with the pp said, but it could be something different ya never know!!

    Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • im gonna say yes but honey if your question is ever should i see the dr then yes maybe you should

    Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • I think so too, Why wonder and worry. Get it checked. If it is OK, then fine. If it isn't, then you are taking steps to help.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • i would say braxton hicks, they are the practice contractions that your body goes through. but if you are seeking peace of mind then go to the doc.

    Answer by sterlids at 9:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.