should i see a doctor

i am in my second trimester. every now and then i get very severe lower abdominal pain that usually goes away if i rest within an hour or two. should i still go to the emergency room even though the pain has subsided. I still feel a dull ache, but it's not as bad as it was when the pain began.

fallenruby

Asked by fallenruby at 6:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm going to say yes, maybe not the emergency room but the doctor. The reason I say yes is because my mom lost three babies due her uterus getting "stuck" inside her pelvis and not tipping outwards when the babies grew to large. It is very unusual, but it did happen. So it is better to be safe then sorry.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yeah i would go to the ER. Or at least a doctor, it might not be with the pp said, but it could be something different ya never know!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• im gonna say yes but honey if your question is ever should i see the dr then yes maybe you should
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I think so too, Why wonder and worry. Get it checked. If it is OK, then fine. If it isn't, then you are taking steps to help.

Answer by Bmat at 7:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i would say braxton hicks, they are the practice contractions that your body goes through. but if you are seeking peace of mind then go to the doc.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008