exersaucer or walker?

What is the earliest that a baby can use a walker? And what about an exersaucer? I have a gift certificate to Sears and the only exersaucer is super pink. Although I have a daughter, I would like to buy mostly neutral baby stuff (besides toys and stuff), so in a couple years, I can reuse them no matter if I have a boy or a girl. She is 4 months now, how long til I can use a walker? They have a great one on their website that has nice colors.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may be able to sit in it in a month or two, depending on her size, but she won't be using it as a walker for a while. My son loved his Jumperoo. Have you seen one before?
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 6:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I bought my daughter both and she hates the walker, she still uses the exersaucer and shes 9m.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yeah, exersaucer's are great! Most kids love them!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 6:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i agree with the pp. the best thing i ever did was introduce my 5 mth.old to her jumperoo! she absolutely loves it!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 6:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I love exersaucers, and plus, if you put her in it and do dishes, she will still be in the same place when you turn around. We may also get a walker, we will see...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My boys loved both. I would put them in the exersaucer around 4/5 months, when they were doing super well with holding their head up. I put blankets in front of them so they wouldn't fall forward. They went in the walker when they could sit up really well by themselves.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son was not crazy over his walker but loved his exersaucer and jumperoo. We bought all 3 and got the most use from the exersaucer. He began using it around 5 or 6 months, I put a baby blanket around it to make his secure. Like one of the other moms said if I was doing dishes or taking a shower I could put him right by me and know he wasn't running off.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 8:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son loves his exersaucer and jumpy thing. No walker for him.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 8:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• each product will give you an age guide. My exercauser was 4 months but we used it at 3 b/c dd held herself up well and really liked to sit up and look around. Walkers are usually the same but can be a little more dangerous (when why the tend to be a little harder to find). Something about stairs and tipping if it hits things. As long as your watching baby, either one should be fine.
    Anonymous

• my 7 month old isnt big enough for a walker yet. she barley touches with her toes. and she only sits in the exersaucer for a few before shes over it. the jonny jumper though... she really goes to town! she jumps, stands and now shes getting a running start and swinging!
    Joselynsmomma

Answer by Joselynsmomma at 1:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2008