Im ovulating the 17-20. when would be the best time to try for a girl?

Me and my hubby both have boys we want a girl. when would be best or should we just have sex alot any just hope we get pregnant?

waitingtolong

Asked by waitingtolong at 6:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• uhm i believe the way it works is you get wat God gives you... i think its silly when people ask that...
    Anonymous

• Donlt know the accuracy but this tells you the best time to conceive by gender
    http://www.ovulation-calendar.net/
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• oh also I read in some medical journal that male sperm rush straight for the egg while females hang around up to three days waiting. This site http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/how-to-conceive-a-girl.html says you should have sex before ovulation, I imagine for that reason. The calendar does change for a boy too, indicating sex until a later date
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Haha, thats funny. You cant have sex on the right day.. and have a girl. God gives you what god gives you. The only way your going to be able to pick.. is if you go to the doctor and have them do it. I saw it on the news.. but it costs about 100 grand. So i guess if you get another boy, you'll just have to be thankful!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I heard that If you concieve two days before your period its a boy and two days after its a girl... but that could be a wives tale.... I agree that you get what god gives you but it doesnt hurt to try!
    Sherry0110

Answer by Sherry0110 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• actually to have a girl you need to have sex a 1-3 days BEFORE you ovulate. boy spermies are the ones that rush right to the egg but the girl spermies take their time and get there after all the boy spermies have died off. also remember that sperm can survive for up to five days in the vagina.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yup, think tortoise and the hare. The boys are the hare, and the girls are the tortoise. The girls are slow and steady, and the boys are quick and run out of steam sooner than the girls. For a girl, they say to have sex a few days before ovulation; to conceive a boy, have sex the day of or the day after ovulation. Of course this is per the Shettle's method, which we attempted to go by this pregnancy as well. I have seem where other methods dispute this, and say it is actually opposite. I would Google Shettle's method and it will give you more information regarding position, timing, and other details. GL! Pink baby dust!!!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i've read that the missionary position works best for ttc a girl. i also read that the sperm with the x chromosome are "slower swimmers" so you would want to have sex a day or 2 before you're most fertile. now, is any of this true? i have no idea. the only thing i can say is that i have a daughter and we used the missionary position.
    ang0343

Answer by ang0343 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Ok I wonder if that is true I''m trying for a boy I have a girl already. Don't know when I'm ovulatin though I did the ovulation calendar don't know if its' sure though
    liljaz4real

Answer by liljaz4real at 3:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009