Overspending on the space race caused the collapse of the USSR?!

I had no idea!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-31-2011/from-russia-with-gov

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We don't need to to rely on the Daily Shoe to get this information. It is just common sense. Face it Sarah Palin is an idiot. Why do you keep trying to defend her. You will have to give up one day. The more she talks, the more stupid things flow out of her mouth.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It helped. The race for space with the US contributed to it, because the USSR had an unsustainable economic model--communism.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• That video is hilarious! I saw it earlier today. That WOULD explain a lot. LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Actually, Reagan pushed the space race to help push the collapse of the USSR. He know they could not afford it and would collapse. I didn't watch the video because I knew it would be progressive BS.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I knew someone would defend Sarah Palin - someone always does, no matter how ridiculous the statement!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Why do you keep trying to defend her.

***
    Defend who?! I didn't look at the link. Is that what it was about? SARAH PALIN?!?! LMAO!! You just CAN'T stop talking about her, can you?!?! I don;t even THINK about her, unless I'm on this site and a LIBERAL posts a question about or in reference to her!!

You really should talk to a professional about that issue!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I REALLY hope the OP is being sarcastic, and doesn't actually rely on THE DAILY SHOW to get their news and learn about history!?!? LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011