How would you feel about being asked to sign a pre-nup???

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• On one hand I would understand. Giving your life to someone is never a garuntee even if for you, you are commited. Things happen and lives change. However, on the other hand I would feel a bit stung that they didn't trust me enough. Like I said though, I'd understand even if I was a little hurt by the suggestion.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I signed one. No problem with it at all. I've accumulated assets prior to marriage, so did he. It was never "ours", why would anyone mind signing away anything that's never theirs to begin with. I know the other side of the argument is it's not about the money, it's about trust. If you love the person and trust in the life/marriage you are about to build together, this piece of paper should be exactly that, a piece of paper. However, if you are signing one and your significant other has an attorney, hire your own attorney as well. It sounds incredibly unromantic and cold, but it's the prudent thing to do. Also, if you plan to cut back your career for your children, you need to consider that as well.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i would not mind, i actually think it is a good idea in this day and age u never know what anyone's intensions are.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Wouldn't bother me.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I highly recommend it, particularly for 2nd marriages where children are involved.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'd be the one initiating a prenup. I have more assets and money than he does. I stand to lose more.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The only way I would sign one is if he had kids from another marriage. I understand why someone would want to protect their kids, other than that I have no idea why we would need one.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would be initiating it.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• To those of you bragging that you would initiate it because you are worth more...that's not what she's asking.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 11:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would want to know where he was hiding these assets that needed protecting. In the 6 years we have been together I see nothing other than his Kermit the frog lunch box that he would want to have put in the prenup.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011