Ovulation? When?

Can someone please tell when a normal cycle person ovulates? I normally have a cycle every 28 and 31 days. Just wondering if i could be pregnant...won't find out til maybe next friday. I had an odd cycle last month...started on my normal day but only lasted that 1 day then my husband and I had a romantic night a week later. I know anything is possible but just curious about ovulation info.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Generally-speaking, with a normal cycle you ovulate 14 days before your period begins. If your cycles are 28-31 days long then you are ovulating on day 14 of your 28 day cycle and day 17 of your 31 day cycle. Unfortunately there is no way to know when you've actually ovulated except with an u/s immediately before and immediately after the event.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 11:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The "14 day" thing is A MYTH. Most women, no matter how long or short their cycle, do NOT ovulate on the 14th day of the cycle.

Noone can tell you when you ovulate. YOU have to chart to find that out.

GENERALLY speaking you will ovulate 11-16 days BEFORE the next period. The problem with this is that you never know when your going to have a longer or shorter cycle. YOU CAN KNOW when you ovulated by CHARTING BBT. You can detect ovulation coming by chartin cervical mucus and cervical position.

You can learn how to chart by getting the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and you can chart for FREE at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/.

Good Luck To You!

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I agree with the above. I am normal. I have 27-29 day cycles but I ovulate on CD 19 or 20. And despite having a really short LP, I have a good history of getting pregnant on the first try.

You need to chart in order to learn YOUR cycle.

Good Luck !
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2011