Do you ever feel disconnected from your children?

I love my sons to death but I just feel so disconnected from them they are 6 and 4 years old is this normal how can i fix this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would try and find things to do that will help with this, like baking or something. Also I agree about getting away and taking time for yourself. I am a SAHM and I am always with my kids so going out once or twice a month with my friends is very important to me. I think spending time away from my kids has made me a better parent and it makes me realize I am not alone in some of my frustrations or struggles.

If nothing seems to be working I would talk to the doctor.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• nope , but i know what you mean
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It's normal. Get some time away from them and find something that is yours and yours alone. Maybe take a class or learn a craft. I felt that way and then I went back to work. I still kind of feel that way about them but it is not as bad.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Absolutely. My son is 10. I found that talking to him about things he did as a baby, or reminding him of some good memories we've shared makes us connect again. They always love hearing stories about themselves and it brings back those old feelings. :)
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 11:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• well my son is 2 and stuck at the hip we are very close always play and mess around together.. not only am i his mother but bestfriend... but like i said he is 2 so who knows how long that will last.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, never. I'm sorry you feel that way. Do you have resources to get some help? Sounds like you may have some depression going on. Good luck, I hope you feel better!!

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2011