Rash?

Im 16 weeks pregnant and i had a small irritated area at my initial OB appt when they did the blood work for routine tests. it would go away and pop back up but it was a small spot right where they drew my blood. I do have an ob appt tomarrow but its gotten bigger spread across my arm looks red and has bumps i didnt noticed today til i caught myself scratching... does anyone know what this could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it could be related to latex when they drew blood?? If it spreads to your belly and legs, its PUPPP and it's AWFUL and it itches REALLY bad and only thing that relieved mine was aloe vera kept in refrigerator and i would slather it on and stand in front of air conditioner while aloe was still wet...it's THAT bad. I hope for your sake that's not it b/c it doesnt go away until the baby is born...they could only tell me it's not common and thats it.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 12:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I thought only happened in first time pregnancies?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They say that but they also say it happens in pregnancies where you gain a lot of weight and are having a boy. They also say they dont know what causes it and what cures it, other than having the baby. They dont know a lot about it but
    It was my first pregnancy
    I DIDN'T have a boy
    I did gain a lot of weight
    It DID go away before the baby was born (thank god) Dr. said he had never seen a case as bad as mine and had never seen it go away before the birth of the baby.
    He even had a case where instead of asking to hold or see her baby, the woman was bitching about the rash not having disappeared (minutes after birth) that's how bad it can be
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2011