How can I live on 1000 dollars a month?

I will get food stamps which will help a lot! 300 a month.

But I need to pay Rent/ water

Electricity

Gas

2 dr. Bills a month

house-hold items

Cable is a want but could do net flicks it might be way cheaper

Internet which is 50 right now

Car Insurance 215 a month plus renters insurance

Cell Phones 120 a month. But we are trying to lower it to like 50-70 a month now.

And my husbands ticket he is paying 30 dollars on.

How can I live making this much a month?

We were making 2,500 a month now in April it will only be 1000 because of my unpaid maternity leave. I'm afraid I might have to move in with my parents and don't want to have to do that. It might cause marital conflicts?

I need some advice finacially.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• You have to cut back on everything separate the wants from the needs you can also apply for leap which helps with your electricity, & while your on maternity leave if your up to you can provide child care and bring in a little extra cash or turn a hobbie into money good luck

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You can usually get away with paying $10 a month for dr bills. Call and see if you can make arrangements. Look into heat assistance to eliminate that bill. Call the internet company and ask about promotions. Threaten to cancel. I am saving about $15 a month just by doing that. WIC is a great program.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 11:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You might have to get rid of some stuff now and go without now to make up for the unpaid maternity leave. I do things like hang dry laundry and turn off the water while brushing my teeth. If you are on food stamps you may be able to get WIC too. Set an appointment with WIC..every little bit helps. Pay ahead now on the bills you have to keep while you have extra money.
    Anonymous

• Do you get a tax return? If so, save it for those months you are off work

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• SAVE SAVE SAVE! save your tax return and anything you can put away right now, get rid of non essentials, that might include cell phones and maybe a car, good luck
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No cable, no netflix, no internet......live simply, cook from scratch, and buy nothing pre-packaged, and use vineagar and baking soda for cleaning supplies...you can make your own laundry soap really cheap out of borax, baking soda and bar soap...cloth diapers....Drink water....for recreation, take walks, play cards by candlelight, cook together, get books from the library and read together, make a game out it and have fun with it....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Honey, I would feel rich if I made $1000 a month... We have 6 people and net $200 a week... It's doable!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Use Netflix, cut out the internet, cut off the cell phones, get only liability insurance-much cheaper, shop at the 99 cents store, use coupons, etc. IDK how you're going to do it with a new baby. Maybe have your DH get a second job for a while? Good luck!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• First off you don't NEED cable or the internet!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Cut cell phones.they are luxury NOT a necessity....same with cable and internet.....netflix is still too much, go to the library it's FREE. Same with using internet....at the library it's FREE.

Look into a rental that includes utilities, many do.....

Make household items. you can buy a large 1 gallon of vinegar with your FS as well as Baking Soda. Vinegar, Water and baking soda will clean your entire house! Spend about $9 on supplies (3 pack ivory soap, box of borax, box of washing soda and a 5 gallon bucket with lid) and that will make you almost 2 years worth of laundry detergent. It's all natural, easy to make, and cheap. One batch lasts 6-8 months and the average cost per batch is just about $3.25

PM me if you want the recipe.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011