taxes??

how long does it usually take to get your taxes direct deposited when you do them electronically? i did them about three days ago and was just wondering. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• You can check when yours will be deposited by visiting irs.gov
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We did ours on Jan. 23 and are recieving it this Fri. You should get an email or it will say on the site where you filed if you return has been accepted from the IRS. After that, payments are deposited every Fri. I would guess you will get yours next Fri. But I really am not 100% sure.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My tax man told me that "they" passed a law this year and they can't even efile until February 14th. After February 14th it will take about two weeks or around February 28th. This is just what my taxman told me...
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My parents do it electronically and they get it about 2 weeks after they file.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Huh? Maybe that law was just passed in my state. Weird!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• That depends on what exemptions you claimed. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• oh okay thank my lady said most likely next Friday but my sister said they told her she should get hers three or four days after filing. does it matter where you go the get them done? thank you again i just had to make sure. i cant visit irs.gov because our lady told us to come back for our papers so we dont know the exact amount that they need to check on the website but thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It can take up to three weeks for them to process your electronic file. Which means from one to three weeks you can find out through IRS.gov where your refund will be deposited. In the "Where's my refund" tool. You have to wait at least a week before you can be given an estimated date of return, due to them having to process and check your file before they give you the refund.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My ex got his federal last Friday. It took about 10 days. Our state takes about the same. He didn't itemize though. If you itemize deductions you can go ahead and efile, I efiled mine today, but the IRS won't start processing them (only if you itemize) until Feb 14th. I got a confirmation of that when I efiled earlier today.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• http://www.taxact.com/products/all_efcycle.asp

Here is the schedule for refunds.

ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2011