Have you done your kids rooms in characters?

Gimme all the details, lol!  What does it look like, what are your likes and dislikes?

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Only in the sense of bed linens and things that can be easily removed or changed. My kids are 8, 6, and 4 and have changed their interests and like/dislike of characters so many times already! I'm actually in the middle of shuffling bedrooms around and redecorating right now and am trying to do rooms that I think will last for a long time... my 8 year old son loves Transformers and Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean, but rather than making that a 'there' we are doing dark blue walls and framing several posters to hang around his room... that way when he outgrows some of that stuff it will be easy to change the look of the place without major effort on my part! My two girls like beachy/ocean stuff and my 6 year old in particular has really definite ideas about how she wants to decorate, so we are doing a room in 'tropical' tones for them... coral/pink walls, a bamboo window shade, white wicker, and hibiscus print linen.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, they'd probably protest....One is 20 and the other almost 11... :P
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No. I want them to be able to grown into it so I've always just let them pick colors and made it more neutral.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Ooops- meant 'theme' and not 'there'- sorry, too tired!
    Freela

• not yet! my sons room when he was a baby was "under the sea" theme. i drew a goldfish, octopus, turtle and a starfish on each wall, the bottom half of the wall was light blue, the top was white. the crib sheets and curtains were all the same. we've moved 3 times since then, once was recently, we're still unpacking boxes lol. my ds is now 3, and loves Thomas the Train. he has the bed (the big one with the toy box on the end) and i'm planning on drawing and painting some Thomas things up there, maybe a train station with sir topam hat (sp?) and possibly a library for his little reading/game section. dd has a dora bed, for her 3yr old bday we're thinking of getting her a better one, maybe a castle or something, not sure. but for now, i'm planning on doing her room in dora, i'm going to draw dora and boots on her wall. i might add a few more of their friends, with the stars they're always "catching". she LOVES her dora!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Not really. My ds loves toy story so he has a toy story bed and toy box and sheets and comforter, other than that, his room is still Zanzibar themed from when he was a baby. ( he is now almost 3). We are decorating my dds room in pinks, browns, and greens.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• When my son was little we had Disney babies and Pooh Bear.....then it became cars posters/Toy story...etc.

Now just a few Dragons and castles..Pirates too......he is 6.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Not any more. My daughter's almost 12 now, so she asked to have her room painted hot pink, accessorised (sp) with pink everything and nets to put her endless number of stuffed animals in. But as she was growing up we had disney babies, sesame street, dora, barbie and a whole bunch of others. I usually redecorated every other year to keep us from getting tired of the same thing. Ahhhh, how I miss those days. :)
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2011