do you know someone who trys to pretends to be something there not... just to fit in.

i do and i find it to be a hoot... it's like watching a show to me.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 12:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I do I have a friend who is on face book all the time talking about how she is in college and life is good but in actuality she is in an abusive relationship has two kids and no high school diploma i guess its her way of escaping

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yeah i found that i see some need to make up stories to make themselves feel better and try to feel loved by others.
    Lynnsae

Comment by Lynnsae (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yes i know a few that act that way! it cracks me up really! and one always tries to one up me ( do something even better than i did ) i dont really understand why but her i guess im just that good..lol it can get annoying sometimes but most of the time i just laugh and shake my head!
    kdm077

Answer by kdm077 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have a friend like that and you think she would know better at her age in her late 40's!

She tells me what she writes on FB and its only to make her sister whom lives out of state and her cousins think that while it IS true she does see her father in the nursing home quite a bit.......he is not improving as much as she makes out, BUT has made progress.

And she changes her jobs quite a bit to where each one pays more than the other. Or a little less and then SO much more the next......she is a riot.

It's not hurting anyone she says and she just claims she wants family not to worry about her Dad...being her sister hasnt even tried to see him in 7 yrs but expects her to drive her disabled Dad up north to see her every year.

I dont know.....I dont know why people act like that....she is hilarious without even having to try, has a good heart really.

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh yeah. They totally change who they are depending on who they're hanging out with. They talk, and act like the people they're with. It's like they can't figure out who they really are or what their personality is so they just copy other people. It's kinda sad.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm still getting over the last a$$ I dated, who was pretending to be a MAN!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think so? I have an aquaitance that has been everywhere and done everything. It's really annoying. You can't talk about anything without her having done that or been there...and how she was great at it, or whatever to make her seem unrealsitic great. For ex. I started a new weight training program...and she talks about how she used to be a semi-pro weight lifter...really? We go to play sports and i have to hear about how she used to do it and be great at it (LMAO when i beat her too ). It's past funny though, annoying, and i avoid her now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh yeah. It's really sad.
    Especially when you know the whole story, and they are completely delirious about the situation. I often wonder, "do they honestly believe what they are telling people (which just makes them crazy and completely oblivious to what is really going on), or are they lying to everyone especially themselves(which just makes them pathetic)?"
    Either way, i keep people like that far away from me. They really arent trustworthy, and there is no room for that in my life.
    Anonymous