What can I do?

My boyfriend tried to commit suicide a few days ago. He is in the hospital, in the behavior Care Unit now. I know he's not a threat to anyone but himself, so that is not my issue. But how do you help someone get better when they are going through this?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 6:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• what is he going through i mean do you know why he tried to do it . i was with someone who hung themself in my home while i wasn't ther i came home to that and i have no idea what was going through his head you can only be there for him to talk to when he is ready he has to help himself don't push apparentyl\\ly he has problems he has not talked to you about but you can only help if he wants help i know that it is scary stand by him and be support if he wants it that is all you can do good luck to both of you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• you just have to be there for them my hubby tried in september he was in the icu for a week we didnt think he was gonna make it thankfully he did but it going to be an ongoing battle just stay strong for you and him!!good luck
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 7:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• When someone tries to commit suicide it is really a cry out for Help! I know this might sound dumb but the best think you can do for him right now, if you really care is go to a book store and buy a "Teaching Bible" (New King James Version) or (New international Version) I say teaching because it will explain every verse that he would be able to understand... Just Give it to him God knows his heart more then anyone in this world....Trust God and let him do the rest!...Tell him his life was spared for a reason now it is time to find out why....Even if he does not pick it up right now he will...Because he is crying out for help and love.
    Good Luck,
    I will pray God will touch his heart and show him his real meaning in life.
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 7:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008