Im in a dilemma... :/

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Here is my situation:

My last period started on Dec. 19th. I looked at my ovulation schedule and my most fertile times were Dec. 30th - Jan. 1st. We had sex on Jan 1st. but he used a condom. I haven't had my period yet. I was supposed to have it on Jan. 17th. It is now Feb. 2nd. I was also most fertile during Jan. 28th - Jan. 30th. We had sex 3 times unprotected on Jan. 28th and 2 times unprotected on Jan. 29th. All 5 times he came inside of me. Every time he did i layed on my back after and put my hips up for about ten minutes. (I heard that helps). I am supposed to have my next period on Feb. 15th. I don't really feel like I am pregnant but I did miss my period and it has been two weeks and two days. Should I go ahead and take a pregnancy test now or just wait until around Feb. 17th when I would know for sure. Also, should I start taking OTC pre-natal vitamins? If I am not pregnant, do you think maybe we are having sex too often in one day? I will keep everyone posted as to how it turns out. Thanks!

julie102011

Asked by julie102011 at 1:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• baby dustYou are actually supposed to take prenatal vitamins starting 3 months BEFORE becoming pregnant because in some cases it can prevent some miscarriages and birth defects, such as spina bifida. O have read that having sex more than every other day can decrease a man's sperm to a point where he is "shooting blanks" so to speak. For your final question, yes you need to take a pregnancy test now. Get the First Response ones even though you are 2 weeks late, get the First Response ones because they are super sensitive in picking up the pregnancy hormones and will detect it a lot easier than regular tests. GL!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Thanks for your answer! I wondered if it would decrease sperm but I wasn't absolutely positive. I am going to try to get a test as soon as possible. It is so cold and snowy right now, I am not sure if I want to get out just yet! Thanks again.
    julie102011

Comment by julie102011 (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I say go get a test 2 weeks is good enough to test!, heck I missed my period for 3 days & I tested the 3rd day & I got a BFP this past Monday!!!..... & honestly I don't think it matters if you have sex every other day or every day, my husband & I were having sex EVERYDAY & BAM! look at me know PREGNANT! lol.... But go ahead & test Im excited for you Good Luck & LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!!  baby dust

P.S. It's good to take prenatal vitamines 3 months before you start TTC I didn't take them though cause they made me feel sick but I was taking Folic acid, now Im taking prenatals since Im pregnant =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Take a test. My doctor actually used the same brand I did. She said she wouldn't send me for blood work unless the urine test was negative. The new test detect earlier and are more accurate. Good Luck!!
    mkula

Answer by mkula at 10:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Take a test.. Thats long enough to wait but, I am a impatient person
    x3.babymama.x3

Answer by x3.babymama.x3 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• When you think you need to test, you need to test.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Thanks! I think it is unanimous that I go get a test haha! I will when it is better outside. I am getting impatient too! To VanillaBlondie8- Congratulations to you! I will make sure to let everyone know the outcome of the result!
    julie102011

Comment by julie102011 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Going to get a blood test today in about an hour and a half..super nervous and I won't find out results until mid-morning tomorrow! If I'm not pregnant I might still get there because the next time to get a blood test would be around Feb. 10th...Wish me luck!
    julie102011

Comment by julie102011 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011