how do you chart when doing ovulation stuff?

Someone please take me step by step because I really don't know what it means to chart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I actually just learned how to do this today! It is very confusing. Basically all you need to know is the first day of your last menstrual cycle and about how many days your cycle usually lasts.

http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-calendar.html

I found this site to be EXTREMELY helpful. It gave me a three month synopsis of when I should start my period, when I am most fertile, when I am ovulating, when to test, and when I should be getting my period for the next month.

Let me know if you don't quite understand it. I had to read it a couple times to make sure I knew what it was saying!
    julie102011

Answer by julie102011 at 2:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My honest opinion is, don't chart, don't plan just let it happen, I feel when women start to do all those things they stress themselves so much & stress is not good because it can delay your period & also it can take a while to conceive (I was one of them women). You know what I've been doing? I bought this lube called preseed & as soon as my period went away I start having intercourse with my husband everyday, yes everyday! I stopped stressing & charting & all those other things as well, & guess what? I got my BFP this past Monday. So you see when you relax & just enjoy making love & let nature do it's thing it happens faster. Good Luck & LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!  

baby dust

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I completely disagree with VanillaBlondie8.

Charting has NEVER stressed me out. It actually eliminated a TON of stress because I KNOW EXACTLY what is going on with my body. There is no guessing why my period is late, no getting my hopes up for nothing, I can date my pregnancy exactly even though I have irregular cycles, and I can quickly see if there is a problem. Charting is the FASTEST way to get pregnant. That's a fact.

The best way to learn to chart is to get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. There is also a 20 minute course on http://www.fertilityfriend.com.

Basically you check your cervical mucus everyday. It will go through stages of dry, sticky, creamy, eggwhite (it looks like raw eggwhites) and then usually back to sticky. Each women is different and each women will have her very own cervical mucus pattern.

It can be collected from the vaginal opening. Kegals can help bring some down to check.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Some women have trouble checking CM from the vaingal opening because they don't make a lot of CM or because enough hasn't come to use for checking.

In this case you can check your cervical position (which I HIGHLY recommend). Cervical position is considered a back up fertility sign but it can tell you SO much that I would never chart without check CP.

TO CHECK CP:

-WASH HAND THROUGHLY and make sure your nails are trimmed as not to nick the sensitive skin around the cervix.
    -Sit on the toilet and lean forward, squat with legs butterflyed open or prop one leg up on the toilet...which ever is easiest for you.
    -Insert two fingers into the vaginal canal until you reach the cervix.
    -Feel the cervical opening.
    -If it is LOW, HARD, and CLOSED you are NOT fertile. If it is HIGH, OPEN, and SOFT you ARE fertile. If it's medium you may be inbetween stages.
    -Collect CM from cervical opening and exam
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If the CM is sticky it is NOT fertile.

If the CM is creamy it is "inbetween" and you should consider yourself slightly fertile because it means your body is on it's way to producing fertile mucus.

If it looks like raw eggwhites (EWCM) or it's watery you ARE fertile and should baby dancing if you are TTC.

You should also chart BBT. A BBT thermometer can be purchase for about 10 bucks from Wal-Mart or any pharmacy.

You chart BBT by taking your temperature every single morning at the exact same time before getting out of bed, before eating, before drinking, before smoking, before rolling over....set your alarm for the same time every day and if you can have your DH put the thermometer in your mouth. If he can't put it in yourself but try not to move as much as possible.

You can enter all of you info in at www.fertilityfriend.com and chart for FREE.

AGAIN GET THE BOOK TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FERTILITY!!!!!!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I highly recommend charting and Taking Charge of Your Fertility. www.tcoyf.com.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I use the Creighton method (they also call it NaPro Technology), and I learned from an NFP coach.

It has been really good for me as far as avoiding pregnancy and this month we are trying to achieve pregnancy... so we will see in about two weeks how that worked out for us :)

It is a very complicated process to explain in such a short amount of characters but I would be willing to explain more if you want to PM me.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011